put something back and have fun
Volunteer with Romsey Mill
Romsey Mill is in urgent need of volunteers to help with the following areas of work:
YOUNG PARENTS PROGRAMME VOLUNTEER
- Work within Romsey Mill's Young Parents Programme to assist and support the engagement of young parents in structured groups and adult learning courses. The programme creates opportunities with young mothers, fathers and their children (parents aged 13-25) to overcome disadvantage, promote inclusion and develop personal, social, emotional and spiritual wellbeing that enable them to fully belong, positively contribute and thrive. For a full role description click HERE
Other Volunteer Opportunities:
- To help out at our Aspire Groups for young people with autistic spectrum conditions. We run 11 after school groups across Cambridge and surrounding area. URGENT help needed in Cambourne on Wednesdays. To find out more contact us and ask for Ruth or Avril.
- To assist in our Charity Shop. As well as fundraising for Romsey Mill, the shop provides low-cost clothing, baby and child equipment, and household items. The shop is open Monday to Saturday, 9.00am - 5.00pm. Shift patterns are flexible - please contact our Shop Manager, Terri Oxford, on 01223 506443 if you are interested.
- To lend a hand in Romsey Mill's Playgroup (particularly 9.00am – 12.30pm Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays).
- We particularly need ad hoc help with minor DIY jobs and repairs around the Centre - if you are good at mending, fixing and assembling flat pack furniture, please get in touch!
Playgroup volunteers needed
We are looking for regular volunteers to help in our Playgroups at both our Hemingford Road and Ross Street sites, who would be able to give us a regular and reliable commitment (term time only).
Can you help us?
Do you have:
• A genuine love of children aged between 2-5 years
• The ability to empathise with them
• A desire to see young children make good progress in their development
• A good sense of fun
Volunteers play an important and valuable role in assisting the staff, which ensures each child has the opportunity to take part in all aspects of the session.
You would gain valuable experience of working with young children
For further information please contact Rachel Matthews (Early Years Coordinator) on: 01223 566092, or email: email@example.com
A link to our volunteer application form can be found at the bottom of this page, or can be collected from Romsey Mill (Hemingford Road).
If you can help with any of the above, we would love to hear from you. Please contact us on 01223 213162 for more information.
Volunteer with us and make a difference in the lives of vulnerable young people and families. This is a chance to put something back into your community, to meet others and to gain experience. Volunteering at Romsey Mill can be challenging, fun and rewarding.
We provide any necessary training. For some volunteering opportunities DBS (CRB) checks are required.
Download the volunteer form, complete it and return to us.
Volunteer allocations are made once a month, so please bear with us if there seems to be a delay in contacting you.
Please email us with any queries or call us on 01223 213162.